Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer in Utah

How do I get surgery after a car accident if I don’t have health insurance?

By on Jun 28, 2017 in blog, Car Accidents, Personal Injury |

What do I do if I have been in a car accident and I need surgery, but I don’t have health insurance? If you have been seriously hurt in an auto accident, you may have this very question. If you have a Utah automobile insurance policy, typically your own insurance will cover at least the first $3,000 of your medical bills under the PIP coverage. (This is discussed in my last blog post.) However, a surgery can cost much more than $3,000. Some back and neck surgeries can cost upwards of $100,000.

If someone else caused the accident or if you were a passenger in a vehicle where the driver caused the accident, you can make a claim against that person’s insurance company. However, that process can take time and if you are making a claim for a settlement, it is more beneficial to have the surgery first and then receive a settlement later. The reason is because that way you can ensure all your medical bills will be paid and you will receive much more for your settlement. So what are you to do if surgery is required now?

One of the things my law firm will do is help you finance your medical procedure. We work with outside companies who will pay for your surgery and then we will pay back the outside company when we settle your case down the road. This will give you the best result, not only for your case, but also so that you receive all the proper medical treatment you need. These companies will only work with your attorney and some only work with certain law firms, like ours. We also have the option of working with a outside company to get you cash directly, which can then be used to pay for medical care or even for groceries or rent while you are recovering from your surgery. There are many options that we have that can be beneficial for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us today to see what we can do for you. 801-738-9999.