How to Prepare for Your Initial Auto Accident Attorney Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a car crash, consulting with a qualified Utah auto accident attorney is a good idea.
That said, the thought of meeting with a lawyer can be stressful, particularly if this is your first time dealing with a personal injury claim or the aftermath of a serious car collision. However, with a bit of preparation, you can make sure your initial consultation moves along smoothly. Also, here at Symkoviak Law Firm, we often do our initial consultations right over the phone. This can be especially helpful during the Covid-19 pandemic. Read the following, and you’ll be ready to meet or talk with an auto accident attorney.
What to Have For Your First Attorney Consultation
Your lawyer will appreciate any useful information you provide, so don’t hesitate to provide documents you believe could help support your personal injury claim.
If possible, the following documents can be helpful for your first auto accident attorney consultation:
- Police or accident reports related to the car crash
- Medical records detailing the treatment you received after the collision
- Any medical bills you have received for accident-related treatment
- Photos of the accident scene, your injuries and the damage to your vehicle
- Insurance information, along with any letters insurance companies have sent
- Documents that show how long you were out of work and how much that cost you — whether you used sick days or personal time or if you missed out on earnings
What to Ask the Auto Accident Attorney
In addition to discussing the car accident and the effect it has had on your life, you’ll want to use your consultation as an opportunity to make sure the attorney is the right one for your case. To that end, come prepared with a list of questions – here are a few you may want to ask:
- How long have you been helping clients with personal injury claims?
- Has your law firm handled any similar auto accident cases?
- Do you have experience in negotiating settlements?
- Are you the person who will be handling the case, or will most of the work be done by paralegals?
Let Symkoviak Law Firm Provide the Legal Assistance You Need
If an auto accident in Utah has left you with significant injuries, don’t hesitate to call on the professional team at Symkoviak Law firm.
We will work closely with you to resolve your personal injury claim – and we’re not a settlement mill law firm, where paralegals and case managers handle everything. Choose us, and you’ll have the dedicated attention of a highly skilled lawyer.
You can count on Symkoviak Law Firm to fight for your rights and secure the best outcome in your personal injury claim. We’ll work hard to help you obtain the maximum in compensation, and we won’t charge you any legal fees unless we win your case. For a free, no-obligation consultation with a trusted auto accident attorney in Utah, contact our Salt Lake City office today.