Utah No-Fault Auto Insurance Laws & Regulations
Finding a car accident lawyer in Utah can be a daunting task. This is especially so because of the complexity the legal process and the fact that a large portion of the populace is unfamiliar with their rights, particularly where no-fault auto insurance laws and regulations are concerned. Here are some of the facts you should know about no-fault auto insurance laws and regulations in Utah.
In a bid to reduce the number of claims and lawsuits between drivers, regulations in Utah require all drivers to have a personal injury protection (PIP) or no-fault insurance cover amounting to a minimum of $3,000 per person. In the event of a car accident, your PIP should cover your medical costs as well as your family members, regardless of the court ruling on whose fault it was. Once you have exhausted your PIP benefits, you have a right to file a claim against an at-fault driver.
A competent lawyer will be able to challenge the smart and highly-paid attorneys representing the insurance company. To find a good lawyer with prior car accident experience follow the steps as listed below:
- Seek recommendation from friends or relatives: Look for friends or relatives with prior experience in similar cases, and begin your search from there. Even, if you find none you can still proceed to the next step.
- Conduct a review from all resources at your disposal: This may include online reviews, legal journals or other resources that may contain histories of advocates and their performances in similar lawsuits.
- Short list the candidates with more appealing profiles.
- Contact the lawyers: By contacting them and giving a brief description of your case, you should be able to judge their experience and expertise. Many law firms even offer free consultations!
- Narrow down and hire: Based on your assessment, choose the most appealing individual, and proceed to hiring and equipping him with all the facts and documents associated with your case.
By following the simple steps above, you can be sure to get good representation in court.
For a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Utah, contact Symkoviak Law Firm for competent advice on matters no-fault auto insurance laws and regulations in Utah.